St. Jean’s Hot Smoked Wild Salmon is the classic and delectable smoked salmon style (also known as barbecue style) that seafood fans all over the world crave! How do we prepare it? We cure wild-caught Pacific Northwest salmon with our special mix of spices before smoking the salmon at a high temperature with natural hardwood in our own smokehouses. The result is rich, flavourful salmon–smoked to perfection! Portioned in one-pound vacuum-packed fillets. Thaw in your refrigerator and it’s ready to eat–no cooking required. NOTE Frozen seafood such as this ships separately from ‘Dry’ products. Shipping charges include frozen gel packs, packaging and styro cooler. Once ordered, you will be contacted by a St. Jean’s Cannery representative to arrange a shipping date. Canned and foil-pouch smoked salmon varieties are also available.
Peppercorn Smoked Wild Salmon
St. Jean’s Peppercorn Hot Smoked Wild Salmon is prepared in the classic hot-smoked style (also known as barbeque style) that seafood fans all over the world crave. We cure our fish with a special mix of spices including peppercorns before smoking it at a high temperature. Rich, flavourful salmon smoked to perfection with a bite of pepper!
How to prepare
- Start by thawing the Hot Smoked Wild Salmon. Place the frozen salmon in its packaging in the refrigerator and allow it to thaw overnight or for approximately 24 hours.
- Once thawed, remove the Hot Smoked Wild Salmon from its packaging and let it come to room temperature for a few minutes.
- Carefully flake the salmon into bite-sized pieces using a fork.
- Enjoy the Hot Smoked Wild Salmon as is for a quick and satisfying snack.
- Incorporate the flaked salmon into your favorite recipes such as salads, pasta dishes, or sandwiches for an added burst of smoky flavor.
- Serve the Hot Smoked Wild Salmon alongside a selection of crackers, cream cheese, and fresh dill for an elegant appetizer.
- Store any leftover salmon in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a few days.
With our Hot Smoked Wild Salmon, preparing a delicious meal or snack is quick and effortless. Remember to thaw the salmon in the refrigerator to ensure proper food safety and then let your culinary creativity shine with different recipes!
|Per 1/4 cup (55g) par 1/4 tasse|
|% Daily Value* % valeur quotidienne*|
|Fat||3.5 g||5 %|
|Saturated / saturés||0.5 g||3 %|
|+ Trans / trans||0 g|
|Carbohydrate / Glucides||1 g|
|Fiber / Fibres||0 g||0 %|
|Sugars / Sucres||2 g||4 %|
|Protein / Protéines||15 g|
|Cholesterol / Cholestérol||50 mg||17 %|
|Sodium||560 mg||24 %|
|Potassium||175 mg||4 %|
|Calcium||30 mg||2 %|
|Iron / Fer||0.5 mg||3 %|
|Vitamin D||9||45 %|
*5% or less in a little, 15% or more is a lot *5% ou moins c’est peu, 15% ou plus c’est beaucoup
HOW TO BUY
|Available per lb in our retail stores or as non peppercorn version as part of our Seafood Boxes:|