New England Style Clam Chowder
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 diced carrot
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups potato cubes
- 2 cans St. Jean’s Whole Butter Clams 284ml
- Drain clams. Reserve nectar. Sauté bacon in butter until golden brown and crisp.
- Add onion and celery. Cook until golden.
- Add 1 cup reserved nectar, potatoes, carrots, salt and pepper. Boil until potatoes are tender.
- Mince clams and add with balance of nectar to other ingredients. Heat.
- Scald milk and add to the chowder. Season to taste.