Cajun Seared BC Sockeye Salmon
- 1 lb fresh BC sockeye salmon cut lengthways into 1″ x 1″ strips
- 50 grams St. Jean’s Cajun Spice Blend
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pinch Sea Salt High Quality
- Roll the strips of salmon in a generous amount of St. Jean’s Cajun Spice.
- Heat a heavy bottom frying pan to a high temperature, add vegetable oil, and place the salmon strips into the pan.
- Sear each side of the salmon for about one minute, then remove from the pan. Rest the strips on paper towel.
- After the salmon cools for about 3-4 minutes, slice into 1/2 inch slices and season with sea salt to taste.
Highly enjoyable with your favourite Riesling or Gewürztraminer!